Monday, February 25, 2013

Growing in Iceland


When I get to know that I am going to live in a collective environment again in Iceland, I expect more changes can happen on me, not only in environmental consciousness and personality development, but also in getting myself back to a healthier lifestyle.

I am really proud of becoming an early bird. I have a very bad sleeping habit since college. Since the class time is much more flexible in college than in high school, I loss a control of my daily schedule. I hardly sleep before 12 o’clock, and skip early classes frequently. During midterms or finals, it gets worse. Sometimes I can feel my body is really exhausting and not functioning well, but I just sleep more than ten hours a day on weekends and think I am recharged. I almost never have time to eat breakfast, even though my mom keeps telling me how important breakfast is. Therefore, compare with the sleeping habit back in America, I am really cheerful to see that I can sleep around 12 and get up at 8 and have breakfast on weekdays. I can imagine how surprised my parents would be by hearing about my current lifestyle. I also feel so good about having a good sleeping habit.

Thanks to weekly field trip and weekend hiking, it really pushes me out of my room from chatting and checking my friends on the internet. I used to hate climbing mountains. Sometimes, I would also challenge myself to walk to the peak instead of taking cable cars, but I never have the victory feeling when I reach the mountaintop. I regret making such a stupid decision. However, this time is my hardest climbing experience, because there is no real road to the peak. Every time I felt we reached the peak, the group still kept climbing to higher part of the mountaintop. Almost an hour later, we saw the destination. When we walk to the top hand in hand and saw the landscape, it my first time to have such a overwhelming victory feeling.

I love Solheimar—the eco-village we live now. I love the peace, gentle pace of loving, and close relationship with people. I think I can spend more time on reading books, knitting, and participating in various workshops. I would like to become a knitting master or pottery master by the end of this semester. I like the group environment I am in now. Thank all my supportive classmates!
Posing "CELL"!!

                                                                                      by Chen
 

No comments:

Post a Comment